Whole Fresh Steelhead
Columbia River steelhead are native to the Columbia River and are characterized by their red flesh from natural pigments, rich flavor, and extremely high content of omega-3 fatty acids. These attributes also make them an excellent choice for the health-conscious consumer.
Our U.S. farmed steelhead are raised in the natural waters of the Columbia River and are shipped to us within hours of harvesting. Our Columbia River steelhead earned the Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification by the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) in 2013. This is important as more and more consumers are considering sustainability in their purchasing habits.
Fish are approximately 5.5 pounds each. A 5.5 pound fish will yield about 4 pounds if you choose to have us fillet it.
- This product ships overnight icy cold, but not frozen
- Each fish is about 5.5 lbs. and can be cut to order. Note: A 5.5 lb. fish will not yield 5.5 lbs. of meat.
Instructions / Storage
When you receive your package open it up and take a look at the fish. Decide what you are going to eat in the next couple days and put it in the refrigerator. Certain items if properly stored can be placed in your freezer for at least a couple months.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Pike Place Fish Market ship Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.